Water Heater Failure
Water heater failure is no fun. Understanding why it happens is the first step to solving the problem, so read more here!Schedule an Appointment
Imagine reaching to turn on the shower, only to be met with an icy blast of cold water. The sudden loss of hot water creates major inconvenience, disrupting daily routines and plumbing functionality.
When hot water vanishes, it’s a clear sign your water heater needs professional attention. Read on for professional advice so you can say goodbye to cold showers and enjoy consistent hot water again.
What is Water Heater Failure?
- Not providing enough hot water for tasks like showering
- Taking an excessively long time to heat water
- Leaking water from the tank itself
- Concerning noises that indicate problems with the internal components
If you notice any of these issues happening in your home, it’s a sign that your water heater is failing and needs professional attention as soon as possible.
What Causes Water Heater Failure?
Water heater failure can happen for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the most common underlying causes:
- Sediment Buildup – Mineral deposits from the water supply accumulate in the tank over time, reducing heating efficiency and clogging parts.
- Corrosion – Acidic water can corrode the tank lining, leading to leaks and sediment buildup.
- Wear and Tear – Internal components like thermostats and heating elements fail after years of use.
- Small Leaks – Minor leaks that go unaddressed allow larger problems to develop.
- Lack of Maintenance – Failure to flush and maintain the tank properly shortens its lifespan.
Understanding and identifying the root cause of failure is important. This helps professional plumbers like A1 Sewer & Drain accurately troubleshoot water heater issues and recommend the best solutions to restore your hot water.
Can You Fix Water Heater Failure?
DIY attempts to fix your water heater are not recommended. Using the wrong tools or making a mistake could lead to more damage or even injury.
Instead, let professionals handle the dirty work. Plumbing companies like A1 Sewer & Drain use the best techniques when it comes to water heater repair.
There are many different reasons your water heater could be failing. The good news? There are also various ways to fix it. Call a professional to get the most effective fix for your water heater.
Keep in mind—to truly solve performance issues and prevent future breakdowns, replacing your water heater might be necessary. If you need it, installing a high-efficiency model tailored to your household’s hot water needs is a great route.
How to Fix Water Heater Failure
Here are some ways professional technicians repair tankless water heaters:
- Flush the System – Professionals will thoroughly flush the internal waterways and heat exchanger to clear out sediment buildup and mineral deposits. This helps restore proper flow and heating efficiency.
- Inspect Components – Technicians will check components like flow sensors, control boards, heating elements, and thermostats for issues. Faulty parts are replaced.
- Descale the Heat Exchanger – Chemical descaling solutions are used to remove lime and calcium deposits from the heat exchanger. This helps it operate at peak efficiency.
- Adjust Gas Valve – If it’s a gas-powered tankless unit, the gas valve may need cleaning or recalibrating to deliver the proper air/gas mix to the burner.
- Update Software – Outdated software can cause operating problems. Technicians may update firmware and settings.
- Check Electrical Connections – Loose or corroded electrical connections to the unit can cause intermittent operation. Technicians will inspect and tighten wiring.
- Clean Intake Screens – Small debris can clog the intake screens, obstructing water flow. Screens are removed and thoroughly cleaned.
- Confirm Proper Venting – Technicians ensure venting is clear and properly configured according to manufacturer specifications.
Proper repairs by qualified professionals help extend the life and performance of tankless water heaters. Let the experts handle repairs for the best results.
Why Address Water Heater Failure Now
Promptly addressing water heater failure provides big benefits.
Continuing to use a failing system means you never know when you’ll be left without enough hot water for your daily needs. Worse still, small problems can quickly escalate into major issues like leaks or flooding if left unresolved.
- Preventing the headache of running out of hot water at inconvenient times
- Avoiding extensive water damage and mold risks from leaks
- Gaining significantly higher efficiency and lower utility bills
- Enjoying reliable hot water for your home’s needs
- Added peace of mind with long-lasting, advanced components
Getting by with an aging, inefficient system means you never know when you’ll lose hot water completely. Don’t wait to repair this important home component!
For nearly 40 years, homeowners in Virginia and Northeast North Carolina have been working with A1 Sewer & Drain to repair their water heaters. We know the ins-and-outs of water heaters, so consider working with us if you want the best repair in Hampton Roads, Richmond, and NC.
Contact A1 Sewer & Drain for Permanent Water Heater Solutions
If you’re experiencing water heater failure, the experts at A1 Sewer & Drain can help. Our licensed plumbers will assess whether your system needs repair or full replacement.
We offer reliable tank and tankless heaters sized for your home’s needs that deliver unlimited hot water. Our technicians handle the full installation process and activate the system for flawless performance.
Don’t endure another day without hot water. Contact us to schedule an inspection and take the first steps toward repair. A1 Sewer & Drain is ready to restore your hot water supply!
Fast and Reliable Plumbing Solutions – Book Your Service Today!
Regularly draining your heater to clear out sediment can help. Additionally, annual professional inspections can detect potential issues early, ensuring longevity and efficiency.
Indicators like leaking tanks, rust accumulation, a frequent loss of available hot water, and high energy bills to heat water are all signs your current unit is failing and due for replacement. Replacing outdated or failing units provides much higher efficiency.
Tankless water heaters can provide a continuous supply of hot water on demand rather than in a limited tank capacity, offer greater energy efficiency, and have a longer lifespan – up to 20 years. The upfront investment pays off over time with lower bills and superior performance.
Water HeatersLearn More About This Promotion
Save Up To
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
309 Quarles Rd Suite B
Ashland, VA 23005
516 S. Military Hwy
Virginia Beach, VA 23464